Oster 4093 Classic Beehive Blender, Chrome
Product Description
This classic blender blends margaritas and smoothies, mixes soups and sauces, chops fruits and vegetables, grinds coffee beans and nuts, grates cheese and coconut, and crushes ice. The blender has a high speed and a low-speed pulse control, which can be held down for continuous action. Its 40-ounce, ribbed-and-tapered glass container fits onto Oster's distinctive beehive-shaped base, which is clad in lustrous chrome and outfitted with slip-proof rubber feet. Its stainless-steel blade-assembly removes for cleaning, and the container is calibrated in both ounces and liters. Fully assembled, the blender stands 16 inches high on a 7-1/4-inch-diameter base. With the exception of the dishwasher-safe glass container, all parts--including the plastic lid with its plastic 2-ounce measuring insert--require hand washing. The blender carries a one-year warranty against defects, and its instruction booklet includes dozens of recipes.
Feature
- Powerful 500 watt motor blends, chops, grinds, grates, and crushes ice
- 2 speeds plus low-speed pulse function for just the right amount of control
- 40-ounce, ribbed-and-tapered glass container
- Classic beehive-shaped base clad in chrome; rubber feet equals stability
- Measures 16 by 7-1/4 inches; 1-year warranty
Still the best!
I still use an old Oster beehive blender. It works great. Can't understand how anyone needs more features or has to spend $400 for a blender. This blender crushes ice, makes great smoothies, and blends everything. Period.
Easy winner on the cost/value/performance balance.
Fell apart twice!
The first one of these that I purchased fell apart within the first week. I flipped the switch and it made an awful noise. When I picked it up, a washer fell out of the bottom and I could hear other little parts clanging around inside. I returned it and got another. It worked great for about a month or so. Then yesterday the same thing happened! Flipped the switch, terrible noise, washers fell out and I could hear other parts clanging around inside. I have no idea what happened, but I am not happy. Amazon is kindly taking it back for a full refund. I will not be getting another Oster.
Powerful but could use a slower speed setting
I bought this blender after my wife broke the glass of the previous one. The oster is very powerful, and unlike my previous blender you'd better not forget to close the lid or you'll repaint your ceiling guaranteed! The single speed is actually the one issue I have with this blender - it could use a second, slower, speed setting.
The blender has no issue crushing ice, and is actually delivered with the ice crushing blade. I bought a milkshake blade with it, but didn't use it so far.
The fact that the glass container, blade and lid are machine-washable is very convenient. I'd recommend not getting any blender which isn't machine-washable as you do not want to have to clean these very sharp blades with your hand. Notice also that the blade and glass container are separable - unlike our previous blender - also a nice feature.
The blender is fairly noizy, but again, which blender isn't?
There is no burnt plastic smell comming out of the oster blender, even when using it for several minutes - again an improvement over our previous blender.
Overall I think this is a good buy and good value for its price.
RSS Feed
Twitter


0 ความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น